How Can UpGrade Ohio Help?
UpGrade Ohio provides turn-key Renewable Energy development services:
- Free renewable energy assessments (solar, geothermal, biogas) with our Renewable Energy Development Assistance (REDA) Program
- Development of REAP grant materials, step-by-step technical assistance
- Submission of REAP grant on your behalf
UpGrade Ohio connects people with resources to reduce energy use and to access renewable energy solutions, paving the way for a sustainable energy future.
For more information about our USDA REAP Grant Writing and REDA Technical Assistance contact us:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form below to get started today.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’REAP/REDA Contact Form’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Contact Information’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’How can we help you?’ type=’checkbox-multiple’ options=’REAP Technical Assistance,Free renewable energy assessment’/][contact-field label=’Additional comments?’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]
Solar Electric | Geothermal | Bio-Methane
If you are a small business and agricultural producer located in Athens, Gallia, Hocking, Meigs, Morgan, Perry, Vinton, or Washington county, please complete this short application form to begin the process of scheduling a free site assessment. Once the application has been submitted, it will be reviewed by program administrators. If your application is approved, you will be contacted in 3-7 business days to schedule an appointment.
USDA Rural Energy for America Program (REAP):
REAP is a competitive grant program funded by USDA Rural Development that provides loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase or install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
Loan guarantees cover up to 75% of total eligible project costs. Applicants must cover the remaining 25%. Available funding for energy efficiency and renewable energy system grants can cover 25% of total eligible costs (applicants will receive grant after the installation).
The maximum grant award for renewable energy systems is $500,000, and the maximum for energy efficiency improvements is $250,000.
Guaranteed loans have a maximum of $25 million.
Renewable energy system projects with a total cost of $200,000 or higher require a feasibility and technical report. Energy efficiency projects require an energy audit or assessment.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis by each state’s USDA Rural Development Office. Applications are ranked through a competitive process and funding is not guaranteed.
There are two application deadlines per year, typically at the end of October and the end of March or April.